Friday, March 22, 2013

Shin splints



Medial tibial stress syndrometibial periostitis or shin splints is a common injury that affects athletes who engage in running sports or physical activities such as cross country, marching band, football, or hiking.This condition is characterized by pain in the lower part of the leg between the knee and the ankle. 

I think that I have shin splints!  I feel like a hypochondriac!  First it's my left knee (which I go back to the doctor on the 28th to find out the MRI results) , now it's my shins.

I so hope that isn't the problem!  I don't want to have shin splints!  I just want to be able to walk and exercise and get healthy!  I want to walk in the 5k in May!

The last two days (as I have whined about in my two previous posts) have been hell on my legs.  My lower legs.  My shin area!  I couldn't figure out why, then today my sister said it sounds like shin splints.  So what did I do?  I Googled it and and sure enough that's what it sounds like.  

I mean why could I walk 3 miles just 2 days ago, and now I can barely do 1 mile and my legs hurt like the dickens?  It has too be something, I don't think that it is in my mind!  Today I am not going to walk, I am going to give my legs a wee rest.  So hopefully tomorrow I will be able to walk more than a mile again.  I am also going to find me a new pair of shoes. I have had these for a couple of years, and the internet said that shoes could be a contributing factor to shin splints.  Hopefully that will be an easy solution and things will be back on tracke tomorrow!  Cross your fingers and say a little prayer that the shoes are the solution! 

On to happier things...  My hubster and I are going to Lexington tonite, so that should be a lot of fun!  Will give you details (some details-;lol) tomorrow.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment